Music 2.0 Week In Review: Zune Bonus Checks, WMG Rumbles, Digital NARM & More
> Last week Microsoft sent a one time "Zune Bonus" to indie labels and digital distributors. (Hypebot broke the story and we’re working on a follow up. Email me and let me know if your label or distribution co. got a check from Zune.)
- WMG is ready to offer mp3’s to more outlets. Last week Walmart.com became the first
- WMG is also set to test variable pricing
> FROM DIGITAL NARM:
- Day 1: Overview, Panel Highlights.
- Day 2: Piracy & Consumption
- Is DRM Dead? Some Don’t Think So
- Random Quotes
> A hip hop Who’s Who filled TVT’s list of unsecured creditors
> Ad supported Qtrax finally scored Universal, its first major label
> 12,000 indie labels have signed up with Merlin for global digital rights collection
SHORT HITS: Buzznet bought AbsolutePunk.net, NIN release a free album, Sony/BMG, EMI using Amazon on demand pressing to re-release old titles, UK’s Assoc. Of Independent Music issues a "Digital Copyright Manifesto", MySpace enabled profile and content sharing with other sites.