Thursday’s Music Briefing: MySpace,Play Now, Interscope & Much More
- MySpace Music: Details & Commentary
- MySpace Music Launches With EMI Aboard
- MySpace Music Indies: Orchard, ADA, RED, Fontana & Caroline
- MySpace Opens Self-Serve Ad Platform
- What If You Took A Poll Of Your Fans?
It feels like all MySpace all the time today, but there is other news.
- Sony Ericsson and Omnifone launch PlayNow (almost) unlimited mobile music service. (press release)
Martin Kierszenbaum, head of Cherrytree Records and president of international operations for Interscope Geffen A&M, is adding president of pop & rock A&R for Interscope Records to his duties.Kierszenbaum will oversee Interscope’s pop and rock roster and A&R staff. (Hollywood Reporter)
- Anticipating new net royalty rate structures, RoyaltyShare offers new service to track and pay royalties for interactive streaming and limited downloads. (press release)
- Alltel pacts with nuTsie to bring iTunes to their wireless. (press release)
- Red Roof Inns are cross-promoting with country music stars. (NY Times)
- China’s Hurray! to make $3M strategic investment in Taiwan’s Seed Music Group Limited (press
- Sirius XM Announces Music Programming Team (FMQB)
- Hearing loss is the third most common health problem in the US. (press release)
- Metallica holds onto #1 chart position in US. (FMQB)
- The official MySpace Music press release Crap. MySpace snuck in there again!
- Motown to celebrate 50 years in 2009. (press release)
- Scream Star Entertainment packs with Atlantic to create a multi-faceted urban teen entertainment vehicle. (press release)