Music Industry Week In Review: Layoffs, Pinnacle Bankruptcy, (RED), Amazon UK, Majors Talk iTunes & Much More
A Roundup of Music Industry Layoffs so far this season including at MTV and Real.
- UK indie distributor Pinnacle filed for bankruptcy effecting 300+ labels. UK trade group AIM promises to help.
- Amazon UK MP3 Launches: A First Look
- Inside The Major Label Negotiations With iTunes
- Charity music service (RED)WIRE Launches: Details & An Interview
- Montreal indie band Mobile Gets MySpace URL Back With Apology
- US Digital Music Will Climb To 41% Of Sales In 5 Yrs
- Warner Music Pitches ISP License To Universities
- Interview: Pete Orta On Creating A Pure Music Brand Part 1 & Part 2
- Digital music advice: Never Forget: It’s Your Data
- Pirates Of The Amazon Take Over Download Site
- Vote For Top Music Site In Mashable’s Web Awards
- The 2009 Grammy Nominees
- Qtrax Adds Sony BMG To Ad-Supported Service
- Artists:Track What They’re Saying About You On Twitter
- Indie duo the Sniper Twins Court Corporations: Sellout Or Smart?
- iTunes Top Selling Albums & Songs Of 2008
- Microsoft MSN UK Adds Unsigned Artists Site
A Look Back At Hypebot’s Music Industry Predictions For 2008
- Track top Music Stocks On Hypebot