Daily DIY: Connect With Your Fans
Once you wrestled their email address from them and got them visiting your site and going to shows, its important for every artist to spend time communicating with their fans and not just talking at them. But how can you do it without loosing your privacy?
- Spend time at the merchandise table. Not only will sales soar, but the fans wil get a chance to talk with you face to face.
- On you blog or in your forum, have each band member take a turn making this "Ask Joey (or Sam or Paul) Week".
- Create a second IM profile, share it with select fans and turn it on when you have a little time.
- Answer every question and most of the comments on your social networking pages and blog.
- Take polls of your fans. (What is your favorite new song?") Vizu and others help you do it free.
- Thank your fans. Thank them all for coming to a show. Thank a street team member from the stage. One band sends a thank-you email after each local show and ways "If you had fun pass this free mp3 along to a friend".
- Send your fans gifts – a link to download a show, a coupon worth $5 off at the door or mech, table.