REWIND: The New Music Industry’s Week In Review
EMI NEWS: Terra Firma raised just enough cash to keep the label group from defaulting. Now that it's saved, will anyone buy EMI? Sony says they might. PLUS: In an informal poll two thirds of Hypebot readers think the major label group isn't worth saving.
- Losses grow at concert and ticketing giant Live Nation.
- Is Apple planning to announce iTunes in the cloud on June 7th?
- RIAA wins major court ruling against LimeWire.
- Interview: Steve Almond of How Rock and Roll Will Save Your Life. Part 1 & Part 2.
- HELP KYLE! – Kyle Bylin asks readers for help with an essay: Choice, A Paradox Or A Paradise?
- WMG & UMG both drop lawsuits against Project Playlist.
- Move over Steve Jobs, Android just passed the iPhone in the U.S.
- Press Pause Play: Are a new breed of artists emerging from the digital
- Rocktopia: A virtual theme park for rock fans.
- LoKast social app gains traction at concerts.
- Sign the ACLU's Facebook privacy petition.
- SongVote launches a collaborative playlist platform.
- Accept credit cards at the merch table with Square.
- Online concerts get social with Big Live.
- Paydio + Spotify = legal full songs for podcasts.
- Graphic proof of the death of the album.