Overheard At #CMJ Music And Film Festival 2010
As you know, CMJ 2010 is taking place this week. Surprisingly, the attendees seem less than interested in posted music industry insight nuggets. Here's a few shiny diamonds I found in the rough, but they were hard to dig out from the barrage of other related information about the festival and the music playing.
- musicindustweet: "Listening. Measuring. Responding."
- orchtweets: "Bands should interact in social media like they would have a conversation in real life…not just ask their fans to do things" -Robbie #CMJ
- coreythrace: "Stalk your fans." #CMJ
Check Out A Few More Tweets Below:
- pinnaclerecords: "Local shows are the most important thing college radio can do for the music industry." #cmj
- karateboogaloo: Why do A&R people insist on claiming that they listen to everything they get when it's not true? #cmj
- chrisisme: "We're talking about human beings!" Casey Rae Hunter: "Justin Bieber is not a human being." #CMJ
- chrisisme: Talking a out what entitled assholes your young customers are is probably not the best idea when your customers are in the room. #CMJ
- hrhnikkiawesome: "Too many artists only push out information when they should be interacting with other artists and helping each other." – @IAmTimBaker #CMJ