‘Fuck Freemium’. Devo Drummer Josh Freese Strikes Again With $75,000 Fan Offering
(UPDATED) Devo and session drummer Josh Freese got a lot ink in 2009 for his tongue in cheek yet effective fan packages and outspoken take on the music industry is back at it with new offerings that start at $5.000 and top out at $7500 for for his latest release, My New Friends. For $75,000, one fan gets:
- Josh to join their band for a month (or becomes your personal assistant)
- They can take home one of Josh's drum sets
- Josh writes and records a 5 song EP entirely about them
- Take Shrooms and cruise Hollywood in Danny from TOOL's Lamborghini.
- 500 copies of "My New Friends" (start your own online CD store…specializing in just this one CD)
- Go get matching outfits at Tommy Bahama's and make everybody very sad.
“My biggest hope and fear is that someone buys the 75K one and [I'll] have to go join some guy’s band for a month, write a whole record about him, take shrooms with him and cruise Danny Carey’s Lamborghini, etc.,” Freese told Wired.com. “Worst of all we have to go get matching Tommy Bahamas outfits. I doubt that one sells though…. Thank god.”