AM News: New Electric Daisy Riot, Rdio Family Plan, Sundance Adds DTF, Spotify, UMG's Digster & More
- Music streamer Rdio announced it will be adding a new subscription plan called “Unlimited Family” that allows consumers to share an account with multiple people at a discounted rate.
- Label Executive On Warner Music Acquisition: "This Thing Ends Painfully" (Metronome)
- DIY and direct to fan tools expand to film: Sundance has expanded their Artist Services program and named Topspin, iTunes, Amazon, YouTube, Hulu, New Video, Netflix and Sundance Now as preferred providers of Direct-To-Fan Marketing and Distribution tools
- Spotify News:
- Google+ traffic dropping already? (CNet)
- Fanrank, a Facebook app that lets you discover who your most influential fans are across the social web and rewards them for spreading the word, is gaining traction.
- Erik Olesen, SVP of Pop Promotion for Island Def Jam, is exiting the label