How I Listen: Fame House’s Hisham Dahud
As part of Hypebot's 9th Anniversary celebration, we're featuring some old friends and familiar names. In this ongoing series, How I Listen, we ask industry leaders and artists to share how they discover and consume music. This edition features former Hypebot analyst and author Hisham Dahud. He's now Digital Strategy Director at Fame House.
1) What device(s) do you use to listen to music?
iPhone + Boombotix REX portable speaker OR iPhone + Sennheiser HD 25 headphones
2) What streaming music service(s) do you use most often?
SoundCloud, Songza, Pandora
3) Besides recommendations from friends, how do you discover new music?
Mostly working with new artists and discovering music/artists/labels through their inner circles, streaming services, films.
4) What new music are you listening to most this week?
Electronic music from DJs performing at Richie Hawtin's ENTER. night in Ibiza (working on this event all summer from the island, so naturally I've become fully engulfed in this world). New favorites are Hot Since 82, Maceo Plex, and Maya Jane Coles.
5) Shameless Plug: What are you promoting/launching/planning that you want to share.
Richie Hawtin's ENTER. from Space Ibiza – a hand-curated night fusing the world's best DJs, cutting edge technology, and exclusive Japanese sake for a club experience unlike any other in the world! Fame House is overseeing the social, digital, and mobile marketing of the event.