Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley Lead 2013 List of Top-Earning Dead Celebrities
With Day of the Dead just around the corner it's time for another mildy macabre look at Forbes' list of the "Top-Earning Dead Celebrities." This Baker's Dozen, Lucky 13, is a mix of musicians, including Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, Bob Marley, John Lennon and Jenni Rivera, and assorted stars from Charles Schulz to Bruce Lee. It's interesting to see the IP of Albert Einstein and Bettie Page bringing in similar estimated amounts. But that's show biz!
2013 Top-Earning Dead Celebs
1. Michael Jackson – $160 million
2. Elvis Presley – $55 million
3. Charles Schulz – $37 million
4. Elizabeth Taylor – $25 million
5. Bob Marley – $18 million
6. Marilyn Monroe – $15 million
7. John Lennon – $12 million
8. Albert Einstein – $10 million
8. Bettie Page – $10 million
10. Theodor Geisel – $9 million
10. Steve McQueen – $9 million
12. Bruce Lee – $7 million
12. Jenni Rivera – $7 million
[Thumbnail image of Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson impersonators courtesy Nick Traveller.]
- Top 10 Richest Musicians Of All Time
- Who Are The World's Best Paid Hip-Hop Artists?
- Forbes Names World's Best Paid DJs
Hypebot Senior Contributor Clyde Smith (@fluxresearch/@crowdfundingm) also blogs at Flux Research and Crowdfunding For Musicians. To suggest topics for Hypebot, contact: clyde(at)fluxresearch(dot)com.