Spotify Shares Latest Premium Subscriber Stats "In Case You Are Reviewing Any New Music Services This Week"
Almost 24 hours to the minute before Apple Music is scheduled to launch, Spotify sent out a press release with the latest stats for their paid premium tier, "in case you are reviewing any new music services this week."
- Subscribers: Over 20 million
- Sound Quality: Up to 320 kbps
- Number of Songs: Over 30 million
- Number of Playlists: Over 1.5 billion
- Number of Markets: 58
- Revenue Paid to Rightsholders: $3 billion
- Music Discovery: Two billion times every month a listener discovers an artist they’ve never heard of before through Spotify