How To Pin Tweets To Get More Attention
[UPDATED] Have a tweet that you want your followers to see for longer? There's a way. While most tweets are just a flash in the social media pan, Twitter users can now pin tweets, keeping them at the top of your profile and giving them greater prominence.
Guest Post by Bobby Owsinski on Music 3.0
There are times when you post a tweet that's so important that you want as many of your followers to see it as possible for as long as possible. There's a way to take that tweet and push it to the top of your profile where it will stay even after subsequent tweets. This is known as "pinning" a tweet.
Here's how to do it.
1. Select the tweet that you would like to pin.
2. Click the three dots (…) next to "View Tweet Activity" beneath your tweet.
3. Click "Pin to your profile post" in the dialog box.
Refresh your screen to make sure that the pin appears at the top of your profile.
Pinned tweets are not reposted; they're just pushed to the top and will stay there until you unpin them.
What should you pin? How about:
- a tweet about a new release or video
- a tweet about an upcoming gig
- a question that you've asked your followers
- a great photo
- an old tweet that you'd like to revive without tweeting again
There are tons of other ideas for pinning as well, but no matter what you pin, you'll find it a very effective way to increase a point you're trying to make.
Read more: http://music3point0.blogspot.com/2015/09/pinning-your-tweets-for-more-attention.html#ixzz3lM1qnsf6
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike