Not Convinced That Spotify Is A Music Discovery Platform? Check Out These Mercury Prize Streaming Bumps
Where do millennials go for music when they read or hear about an interesting new band? The conventional answer is YouTube, but Spotify may be catching up. When the UK's Mercury Prize listed its latest nominees recently, day over day streaming jumped dramatically for the artists involved - particular for those artists that were less well known.
Day over day jumps in Spotify streams after the Mercury Prize nominations were announced.
- Eska - Eska +2,965%
- C Duncan - Architect +1,040%
- Benjamin Clementine - At Least For Now +455%
- Gaz Coombes - Matador +267%
- Roisin Murphy - Hairless Toys +246%
- Aphex Twin - Syro +158%
- Ghostpoet - Shedding Skin +76%
- Slaves - Are You Satisfied +55%
- Wolf Alice - My Love Is Cool +49%
- Soak - Before We Forgot How To Dream +40%
- Jamie xx - In Colour +24%
- Florence + The Machine – How Big How Blue How Beautiful +10%