Facebook By The Numbers: Video Views Pass 8 Billion Daily, Monthly Users Rise To 1.55 Billion
Facebook beat analyst expectations posting record revenues of $4.5 billion and a net profit of $896 million. But the real news for the music industry were rising user stats and burgeoning video viewership.
Facebook By The Numbers
On Video: “On average, there are now more than eight billion daily video views on Facebook and more than 500 million people who are watching daily,” Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg told analysts. “Over the next few years, video is going to be some of the most engaging content online, and by continuing to innovate here, we have a chance to build the best place to watch and share videos.” That is up from 4 billion in April of this year.
Third Quarter 2015 Operational Highlights
- Daily active users (DAUs) – DAUs were 1.01 billion on average for September 2015, an increase of 17% year-over-year.
- Mobile DAUs – Mobile DAUs were 894 million on average for September 2015, an increase of 27% year-over-year.
- Monthly active users (MAUs) – MAUs were 1.55 billion as of September 30, 2015, an increase of 14% year-over-year.
- Mobile MAUs – Mobile MAUs were 1.39 billion as of September 30, 2015, an increase of 23% year-over-year.
Third Quarter 2015 Other Financial Highlights
- Mobile advertising revenue – Mobile advertising revenue represented approximately 78% of advertising revenue for the third quarter of 2015, up from 66% of advertising revenue in the third quarter of 2014.
- Capital expenditures – Capital expenditures for the third quarter of 2015 were $780 million.
- Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities – Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities were$15.83 billion at the end of the third quarter of 2015.
- Free cash flow – Free cash flow for the third quarter of 2015 was $1.41 billion.