AM BRIEFING: Blind Melon Sues Over Cover Version • Prince Tribute • Musical.ly Privacy Issues • Lyor Cohen • More
We're making some changes to our More News tab. (You can read the sordid story behind the forced move here.) In the meantime, here is a short list of important reads from across the web:
Blind Melon song-theft case could test parameters of the cover version (CMU) This one is weird and messy.
• Members of Prince's musical family and other stars are planning a tribute. (Billboard)
• Musical.ly has a privacy problem and now one school wants it banned (Mashable) It's the little things that bring down even the hottest startups.
• Lyor Cohen Predicted The Rise Of Young Thug. Here’s What He Thinks Is Coming Next. (Complex)
• Instagram FINALLY lets you zoom in on photos. (TNW) What took so long?
• How YouTube Has Quietly Become A Life Force For New Music (Landr) Fingers crossed that fully integrate BandPage and other artist friendly features.
• Festival Trends by the Numbers: 7 Stats to Know (Eventful)