Doc McGhee, Leon Russell, Rod Essig Among 2016 Nashville Association of Talent Directors Honorees
The Nashville Association of Talent Directors (NATD) has announced the music industry figures who will be recognized at this year's 6th Annual NATD Honors Gala including Doc McGhee, Leon Russell and Rod Essig.
Honorees at the 2016 Nashville Association of Talent Directors Gala will include:
- Rod Essig, Agent and Co-Head of the Nashville office of Creative Artists Agency (CAA)
- Scott Hamilton, Olympic Gold-medal figure skater, actor, and speaker
- Doc McGhee, industry visionary and accomplished artist manager who heads McGhee Entertainment
- Leon Russell, veteran musician and member of both the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Mike Smardak, award-winning promoter and President of Outback Concerts, P.K. Subban
- Olympic Gold-medalist and one of the top defensemen in the NHL newly acquired by the Nashville Predators
- Randy Travis, multi-platinum, award-winning country icon and the latest inductee to the Country Music Hall of Fame.
The Gala, slated for Nov. 9th at the Hermitage Hotel in Nashville will begin with a reception at 6:00 PM, followed by dinner and awards ceremony.
“NATD has been a Nashville music industry staple for nearly 60 years. Thanks to the support of our board and members, we have been able to continue the association’s traditions while beginning new initiatives to continue to bring together leaders in our collective industries,” said Steve Tolman, NATD President. “All seven of our honorees this year represent all that is good here in Nashville. They all are leaders in their fields whether it be music, sports or another entertainment form.”