Apple Releases New & Improved iTunes 12.7 including Social Music Sharing For Apple Music
Following yesterday's iPhone X reveal that included a few nuggets for music lovers, Apple released a new and improved version of iTunes. The big shift for iTunes 12.7 is that apps, iTunes U, Internet Radio and Ringtones are gone, leaving the interface a good bit less cluttered. Other changes include one that has potential uses for music marketing.
Apple's iTunes 12.7 upgrade list:
- Apps: Looking for your past iOS app downloads? Learn how to redownload apps on your iOS device.
- iTunes U: Collections of iTunes U content appear in the Podcasts section of iTunes.
- Internet Radio: Your Internet Radio stations appear in your music library’s sidebar. Click Edit in the sidebar to show or hide Internet Radio.
- Ringtones: iOS 11 supports redownloading ringtones directly to your iOS device, without the need to use iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Books on Windows: Books on iTunes for Windows are managed in iBooks for iOS. Learn how to redownload books on an iOS device.
- Support for ios 11
The big change in iTunes 12.7 for music marketers are new Apple Music features that include social sharing:
"Apple Music: Now discover music with friends. Members can create profiles and follow each other to see music they are listening to and any playlists they’ve shared."
iTunes 12.7 is available now in the Mac App Store. It should roll out to all users with ios 11 on September 19th.