CHANGES @ AEG • Atlantic Records • Superbowl Halftime • peermusic • Dualtone • MORE
Rebeca Leon is leaving AEG Presents / Goldenvoice after 11 years as head of Latin Touring to focus on her management company, Lionfish Entertainment. Clients include Juanes and J. Balvin, as well non-music content projects.
• Label veteran Kevin Weaver has been promoted to the new position of President, Film & Television, for the Atlantic Records Group. Based in LA, Weaver will oversee the creation and promotion across other media platforms including film, television, and video games, as well as, overseeing soundtracs, strategic alliances, media placements, licensing opportunities, and marketing initiatives.
• Justin Timberlake is reportedly in the final stages of negotiations to return as the featured entertainment during halftime at Super Bowl LII when it takes place in February next year in Minneapolis.
• LA based indie music publisher peermusic has signed a long-term sub-publishing agreement to represent the music copyrights controlled by Big Deal Music Group, including Nashville firm Words & Music. in multiple territories. The deal covers the globe excluding the United States, France, Australia, and Africa
• American country music trio Lady Antebellum have pulled out of their upcoming concert run in South Africa, citing singer Hillary Scott’s pregnancy.
• Dualtone Music Group publishing arm has announced a deal with Isalee Music Publishing which will see it administer the songs of Chuck Berry, some works US-only, and some on a global basis. The deal covers many of Berry’s classic hits, plus all the new songs on ‘Chuck’, the posthumous album that was put out by Dualtone’s label earlier this year.
H/T to Celebrity Access