Weekly Music Chart Highlights: Black Panther Still #1
The “Black Panther” soundtrack is on top of the Top 200 for the second straight week with 131,000 total units, down 15% over last week, reports Niesen Music. The album once again scores the top audio on demand stream total, with over 119 million.
More of this week's North American Music Chart highlights from Nielsen Music's Paul Tuch:
- Migos’ Culture II rebounds 4-2 and the “Greatest Showman” soundtrack remains at No. 3.
- Nipsey Hussle’s debut full-length albumVictory Lap is the top new entry of the week, landing at No. 4 with 52,000 total consumption units.
- Brandi Carlile’s By The Way I Forgive You debuts at No. 5, picking up the top selling album of the week. It is her highest charting album to date, surpassing the No. 9 peak of her 2015 release The Firewatcher’s Daughter.
- Drake’s “God’s Plan” holds at the top of the Digital Songs chart for the fourth non-consecutive week, with a 45% download increase.
- US AIRPLAY UPDATE: Drake’s “God’s Plan” jumps 2-1 at Rhythmic and holds at No. 1 on the Urban chart, scoring the biggest spin increase at both formats this week. It is his sixth straight Rhythmic chart-topper as a main artist and his 20th No. 1 at the format as either a main or featured artist.
- Blocboy JB’s first charted song, “Look Alive,” featuring Drake, is the top new entry at two formats this week, debuting at No. 26 Rhythmic and No. 30 Urban.
- Camila Cabello’s “Havana” jumps 2-1 on the Hot AC chart, her first chart-topper at the format. The song previously spent seven weeks at No. 1 CHR and three weeks at No. 1 Rhythmic.
- AJR’s first charted song, “Sober Up,” jumps 3-1 on the Alternative chart.
- For Rivers Cuomo, who is featured on the song, it is the fourth time he has been part of a chart-topping song at the format and the first since Weezer’s “Pork And Beans” spent 11 weeks at No. 1 in mid-2008.
- Muse’s “Thought Contagion” is the lone new entry at Mainstream Rock at No. 28 and has the biggest spin increase at Alternative, moving 30-13. It is the first time they have debuted inside the top 30 at Mainstream Rock