Think You Can You Make Spotify Better? Here’s A Job For You
There are no shortage of opinions as to how to make Spotify better for users, artists, record labels and music publishers. If you're one of those folks that's really convinced you have the answers and the experience, Spotify has a job for you.
The music streamer has posted a job opening for a "passionate and seasoned business-focused leader to join the Music team" as Head Of Music.
"You will help us continue to build and run a world-class organization, executing strategy across the Music and Content teams. This role reports to our VP, Head of Music and is based in New York."
More from Spotify
What you will do
- Oversee and manage various functions in the Music organization
- Partner with Head of Music in defining the commercial path to growth and profitability.
- Participate in the development of the Music team strategy & strategic relationships.
- Evaluate strategic initiatives and new opportunities across the team.
- Establish policies around a suite of foundational song and playlist metrics.
Who you are
- A strong people manager who is invested in your team’s development and growth
- You have a passion for and are very connected to the Music and/or Entertainment Industry and can be a representative to the rest of the Spotify organization and to external partners
- You have senior level relationships throughout the industry and are connected to multiple leaders across the business
- You have a proven track record running successful teams
- You are a strategic thinker and problem solver with the ability to transform goals into actionable plans
- Experience in implementing strategic and large-scale initiatives projects in a change-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with different team members to design processes and implement strategic projects that solve business challenges
- You have a knack for coordinating multiple teams towards achieving a common goal
- Balance between attention to detail and swift execution
- You are anxious to learn and grow and to help others do the same
- You are an excellent communicator
- You are able to network and develop deep relationships across the organization