Capitol Music Group has announced its second annual Capitol Royale on November 15-17. The music and tech festival will celebrate “Music on the Move” by bringing together creatives, coders, designers, startups and fans to explore innovations being made across multiple music touchpoints.
Bandsintown, Bose, SDL, gener8tor, ConsenSys, Spin, Glitch, Cloudinary, Ones To Watch, Select Management, See Tickets, Universal Production Music, and Hypno have all partnered with Capitol for the event.
In addition to keynote addresses, panels and networking, the festival will feature artists performing throughout the weekend on multiple stages. Startup accelerator gener8tor and Capitol are curating a Startup Garden with one-on-one pitch sessions.
The third installment of Wax Record Fair, presented by Capitol Studios in partnership with The Beat Swap Meet will also run concurrently.
Tickets are on sale here for Capitol Royale, which will take place at the legendary Capitol Studios and other select Hollywood locations.
More Capitol Royale highlights include:
- gBETA Musictech Product Reveals – As the culmination of the seven-week programs for music tech startup companies, graduates of the Motown Accelerator and Los Angeles Accelerator will demonstrate the trailblazing products they have developed.
- Some of today’s hottest emerging artists will perform on the Bandsintown Stage, as part of the platform’s Big Break artist accelerator.
- Live Nation’s Ones To Watch will present showcases celebrating emerging artists from all genres throughout the weekend. Heather Lowery via Femme It Forward will also host showcases that highlight the depth, power, and talent of women in music & entertainment..
- The Motown Music Accelerator Stage will present the four remarkable musical acts who graduated from the inaugural 12-week Motown Musician Accelerator in Detroit.
- WAX Record Fair in conjunction with Beat Swap Meet will include record and food vendors, an on-site bar and more. A rare tour of Capitol Studios is also available for additional purchase. A variety of artists will be on hand to perform, DJ and sign records.
Motown artist Vince Staples and Capitol artist Katori Walker will host a hackathon that includes in-car entertainment with SDL, an immersive media experiences with Bose AR and concert and music discovery platform Bandsintown.
Participants in the Hackathon, hosted in part on Glitch’s creative coding platform, will have access to a catalog of approximately 40,000 pre-cleared audio streaming tracks, as well as a library of production music stems from Universal Production Music. Additionally, Hypno’s instant camera API will allow developers to shoot and mix mini music videos in real-time.
Twenty new apps were built at the inaugural Capitol Royale in 2018, and more than $25,000 of prize money was awarded.