REWIND: The New Music Industry’s Week In Review
In our weekly check back on the past week’s music industry news, we revisit Billboard’s tweaking of the chart rules, some alarming data on musicians’ inability to pay their bills without live streaming, Facebook taking on YouTube with officially licensed music videos, and more!
- Billboard Alters Chart Rules: No More Ticket & Merch Bundles
- 85% Of Musicians Can’t Pay Their Bills Without Live Shows, Confirms New Study
- Instagram To Launch Rival ‘Reels’ In Early August [CONFIRMED]
- Spotify’s ‘Appears On’ Is Back!
- New Live Nation Diversity Commitment: 30% Of Leadership By 2025, $10 Million
- Facebook Takes On YouTube With Officially Licensed Music Videos
- SoundCloud Launches Dolby Powered Mastering