NIVA Launches National Independent Venue Foundation
Even as the National Independent Venue Association’s 2,900 members push for passage of the Save Our Stages Act, the trade group has launched The National Independent Venue Foundation.
This registered non-profit 501(c)(3) will partner and fundraise to expand upon NIVA’s mission to save U.S. independent live performance venues and promoters.
“The National Independent Venue Foundation is built on the same guiding principles as the National Independent Venue Association. While NIVA remains the advocacy, sponsorship, and membership trade organization branch of the cause, The Foundation has been created to focus on separate, supplemental initiatives, such as the Emergency Relief Fund,” said Hal Real, president of NIVF. Real is also president of World Cafe Live in Philadelphia and secretary of NIVA.
NIVA Foundation Board
- NIVF President: Hal Real, founder and president of World Cafe Live, Philadelphia, and secretary of NIVA
- NIVF Executive Director: Rev. Moose, managing partner of Marauder, New York, and executive director of NIVA
- NIVF Vice President: Tobi Parks, owner of xBk Live, Des Moines, Iowa
- NIVF Secretary/ Treasurer: Laura Wilson, live music manager for The Bohemian Foundation, Fort Collins, CO
- NIVF Board Member: Torrie Allen, president and CEO, Arts Midwest, Minneapolis
- NIVF Board Member: Annie Brinn, senior vice president of publishing administration at Warner Music Group, Nashville, TN
- NIVF Board Member; Taneshia Nash Laird, president and CEO of Newark Symphony Hall, Newark, NJ
- NIVF Board Member, David M. Mayeri, founder and CEO of Berkeley Music Group – The UC Theatre, Berkeley, CA