Your Morning Coffee Episode 18: Streaming Income, Festivals In 2021 & More
Episode #18 of the “Your Morning Coffee: Weekly Music News for the New Music Business” podcast with Jay Gilbert and Mike Etchart is live.
Episode #18 Highlights
On this episode of the Your Morning Coffee Podcast, Jay Gilbert and Mike Etchart discuss:
- “Nile Rodgers Asks Record Labels To Be Clearer About Streaming Incomes” (Guardian).
- -“David Crosby Forced To Sell His Song Catalog: ‘It’s my only option… streaming stole my record money.'”
- “Why Would Bob Dylan Sell His Entire Catalog?”
- “Will We Get A Festival Season In 2021?”
- “Concerts Aren’t Back. Livestreams Are Ubiquitous. Can They Do the Job?”
- “The Music Industry Is Trying to Engineer Viral TikToks to Sell Old Records”