50 content ideas for musicians on Facebook & Instagram Reels, TikTok, YouTube Shorts
Are you looking for content ideas? Need suggestions on what you can create and post to TikTok, YouTube Shorts, Facebook, and Instagram Reels? Our friend Michael Brandvold has you covered with different content ideas for short-form videos.
50 Content Ideas for Facebook & Instagram Reels, YouTube Shorts and TikTok
- Read great pull quotes from reviews. – You got a great review, read one or two of the great quotes and be sure to thank the media outlet.
- Read radio marketing results. – You are getting radio ads, chart action… every week share the highlights.
- Countdown to release. – “Our new album XXXXX will be released in XX days, make sure you follow us on Spotify so you don’t miss it.”
- Show announcements. – If you have upcoming shows, you can promote them with short video clips. Be sure to mention the date, venue, city and state. Tell fans for more information or tickets visit your website or Bandsintown. These videos can also be sent to the promoter for them to post.
- Various digital platform shoutouts. – Make a short video telling your fans about the various places where they can listen and buy.
- YouTube subscribe. – “Never miss a new video, subscribe to our YouTube channel.”
- Promote video release or premiere. – “Our new video XXXX is going to be world premiered at XXXXX on XXXXX, put it in your calendar!” You can also include clips from the video to tease the release.
- Day of release. – “Our new album XXXX is released today on all digital platforms, give it a listen on Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Tidal and more!”
- Bandsintown track. – “We don’t want you to ever miss a new show announcement, head over to our profile on Bandsintown.com and follow us.”
- Join the email list. – “You can do us a huge favor by joining our email list so you never miss any future news, join our email list on our website XXXXX.”
- Follow on Spotify. – “Follow us on Spotify so you never miss a new release!”
- Show merch in video. – If you sell merchandise… “Check out our brand new XXXXXX that you can get online at XXXXX.”
- Video autographing CD/vinyl. – If you have autographed items for sale… Make a video clip autographing an item. “You can get a autographed XXXX at XXXXXX.”
- Gear tour. – Give your fans a tour of the gear you used to record or play live.
- Story behind the songs. – Share the story behind each song, sharing the inspiration or a funny story.
- Recording music.
- Give a tour of the recording studio.
- Show load-in.
- Show tear down.
- Meeting fans at shows.
- Lyric Sheets. – Make a video of your hand-written lyric sheets and talk about the lyrics.
- Gifts from fans. – Share a video of gifts fans may give you. Be sure to mention the fan by name.
- Interviews.- Record and share short clip of you doing media interviews.
- Did You Know. – Share short clips of trivia or facts about the band, band members, songs, albums, etc.
- Tease a new single. – Share 30 seconds of your upcoming single and ask for feedback.
- Designs and mockups. – Show merchandise, cover art and other designs and mockups. Ask fans to comment on what they think.
- Band members interview each other. – Each member of the band can ask the other members a question.
- Ask fans to leave reviews. – “We want to read your reviews of our new album, please leave a short review on iTunes, Amazon or in the comments below.”
- Alexa, play the album… – “Do you have Amazon Alexa? Try this out… “Alexa, play the album XXXX by XXXXX”.”
- Record a video going into a record store and buying the new CD.
- Record a video clip opening up the new CD, show the artwork.
- Released on this day and other anniversaries. – Talk about anniversaries and other important dates in your history.
- Favorite quotes or lyrics. – Share a quote from a musician who inspired you and why in the caption, then ask your followers to tell you who inspires them in the comments.
- Album name. – Share a video about why you named your album what you did.
- What kind of music do you listen to?
- Growing up what artists influenced you?
- What new bands are you listening to?
- Who are your 3 all time favorite artists?
- What was the first concert you attended?
- What was the last concert you attended?
- What was the first album you purchased with your own money?
- What was the last album you purchased?
- In your free time what sort hobbies or activities do you enjoy?
- What is your biggest guilty pleasure (film, album, or other)?
- If you were to record a duet with an artist outside the genre of music for which you are known, who might that be and which song would you cover?
- Have any rituals before hitting the stage?
- Which famous historical event would you like to have witnessed and why?
- What do you look forward to most when you return home from touring?
- Which song do you crank up on Friday night to kick off the weekend?
Here a few tips when recording your video.
1. Record the video clips vertically.
2. Keep them to less than one minute.
3. Make sure there is no music in the background.
Below are the various video lengths for TikTok, Reels, Shorts and Stories.
- TikTok – 10 minutes
- Instagram Reels – 90 seconds
- Facebook Reels – 60 seconds
- YouTube Short – 60 seconds
- Facebook Story – 20 seconds
- Instagram Story – 15 seconds
- YouTube Story – 15 seconds