YOUR MORNING COFFEE PODCAST: UMG & Tidal royalties test, a major label refugee, Spotify subscriber growth & much more
Episode #130 of Jay Gilbert and Mike Etchart’s podcast Your Morning Coffee: Weekly News for the New Music Business is now live.
On this week’s episode of the YMC podcast, your humble hosts Jay Gilbert and Mike Etchart yap about these important stories:
- “What Will The Future Of Streaming Royalties Look Like? Tidal And UMG Want To Find Out” (Billboard)
- “I Spent Two Decades Running Major Labels — Here’s Why I Left It Behind” (Mark Terry)
- “Spotify Hits 205 Million Paid Subscribers, Topping User Growth Targets For Q4 With Record Total Quarterly Gain” (Variety).
Plus audio interview audio drops with –
- Bruce Houghton, President of Skyline Artist Agency and publisher of Hypebotwith his perspective on the LA Times article “Everyone Hates Ticketmaster – Is Everyone Wrong?”
- Steve Knopper, Billboard Editor at Large on US cassette sales from the Billboard piece “Cassettes Are Making A Comeback, But Can Production Keep Up?”
- Vickie Neuman, Founder and CEO of CrossBorderWorks on her predictions for Web3 heading into the new year.
- Jennifer Freed, Founder and CEO of Trevanana Tracks on simplifying the complicated world of sync licenses.
Check out the Ren “Hi Ren” video
Also check out The Verge article on why so many tech companies are laying off employees?
Listen on your favorite podcast platform.
Subscribe to the Your Morning Coffee newsletter here.