Bandzoogle turns 20, shares impressive stats
Bandzoogle is celebrating 20 years as the leading website and marketing platform for musicians. Acquired recently by DistroKid, the still-independently run Ottawa-based company was founded by a musician and boasts a 100% remote staff that is 80% musicians.
When it launched in November 2003, Bandzoogle offered musicians just 5 features, including a music player, guestbook, and simple events list. The platform now offers over 130 features and options, including marketing tools and e-commerce developed specifically for musicians.
Known for all-in pricing and superior customer service, Bandzoogle has expanded globally with more than 60,000 users in 219 countries and territories that have used its e-commerce tools to generate over $114 million in commission-free direct-to-fan sales.
“One of our main goals is to help musicians make more money from their music,” says Bandzoogle CEO Stacey Bedford. “This is why we’ve never taken a commission from sales,
Some data culled from Bandzoogle’s 20 years:
- 12,606,489 minutes of music (or 23.98 years) played back to back, has been
uploaded to the platform.
- Nearly 4 million shows have been listed to Bandzoogle’s calendar tool, with
3,756,779 tickets sold, commission-free, directly to fans.
- 8,741,946 photos have been uploaded to Bandzoogle, totaling 11.32 Terabytes.
- Over 500,000 email newsletter campaigns have been sent by Bandzoogle members
to their fans promoting their music.
- Bandzoogle support staff have responded to more than 4 million help tickets