Take the BE THE CHANGE: Gender Equity in Music survey NOW!
Believe, TuneCore, and MIDiA have launched the fourth installment of the annual BE THE CHANGE: Gender Equity in Music study.
The survey will provide an in-depth analysis of the current state of gender affairs in the global music industry and highlight what action can be taken to remove barriers facing women and gender-expansive creators.
The 2024 survey is now open to anyone in the music industry, regardless of gender: BE THE CHANGE.
Select key findings from the 2023 study include:
- 34% of women working in the music industry who participated in the study reported being sexually harassed or abused at work;
- That number is increased to 42% and 43% for trans and nonbinary individuals, respectively;
- 53% of the music industry professionals and creators who responded agree that men are paid more than others in the industry;
- 66% of the music industry professionals and creators who responded (based on the total pool of respondents who are associated with the music business) want to see more women and gender expansive individuals in positions of power within the industry;
- Minority artists who responded are roughly 70% more likely to report experiencing online harassment or hate speech on social media.