TIDAL launches free COLLAB connection tool, Jermaine Dupree contest
TIDAL Artists Home has added TIDAL Collabs, a free tool to help artists discover and connect with recommended collaborators.
A look at those behind almost any successful song shows the power of collaboration. Fans also love collabs, seeing them both as validation of the artists they love and a vehicle for new artist discovery.
TIDAL Collabs defines collaboration broadly to include everything from a song co-writer to a live opener and gig trades or just adding to an artist’s creative community.
Artists who opt-in to TIDAL Collabs get recommendations for creatively compatible artists who are also on the platform. It’s up to the individual artist if they want to connect by sending a message directly on TIDAL Collabs.
“As an artist whose music defies categorization, I believe collaborations play a huge part in making my music resonate universally,” said TIDAL RISING artist Nino Augustine. “I’m excited to use TIDAL Collabs to help me find other artists to explore exciting new creative possibilities with.”
“We built TIDAL Collabs to take the stress and inefficiency out of the process of finding great collaborators. We leverage our data and editorial expertise to recommend high-quality collaborators in an environment that is tailored and safe,” said Agustina Sacerdote, Global Head of Product at TIDAL.
Win time with Jermaine Dupri
To celebrate the launch, TIDAL is partnering with Jermaine Dupri for the TIDAL Collabs Spotlight contest. Artists based in the US who match through TIDAL Collabs can win in-studio time with Dupri, where they will get advice and insights into the collaborative process.
In addition to in-studio mentorship, winners will receive marketing support for their collaborative track from the TIDAL Collabs Spotlight contest. To apply, artists must submit their entry through a form emailed to them once they opt into TIDAL Collabs. The deadline is January 17, 2024.
“Finding artists and producers to collaborate with isn’t easy, so TIDAL Collabs is a game-changer,” said Jermaine Dupri. “A great collab brings different fan groups together to connect over something fresh.”
How To Enter
- Sign up for TIDAL Artist Home at www.tidal.com/forartists. Claim your artist profile and opt into TIDAL Collabs to receive an email with a link to enter the Contest.
- Contest Period: The TIDAL Collabs Spotlight Contest (the “Contest”) begins 11/1/23 at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends 1/17/24 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
- Eligibility: The Contest is open to TIDAL Artists and their members that are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older as of date of entry and have claimed their TIDAL Artist Profile and opted-in to TIDAL Collabs.
How To Get Started With TIDAL Collabs
- TIDAL Collabs is available on the web only, accessible via desktop or mobile.
- To access TIDAL Collabs, Artists can log in or sign up for TIDAL Artist Home today.
- Learn more about TIDAL Collabs at tidal.com/forartists.