Soundtrack.mtv.com launches today as discovery engine for the music played in MTV programming. The sites also offers catalog of corresponding content including music videos, performances, personal blogs, photos of the artists played. Bands and fans can also champion their favorite music "creating a clear path for the best to make it in front of MTV's music supervisors and onto TV". Here's a video tour plus more details after the jump.
- Whether for the next 24hours or the last 24 days, Soundtrack.mtv.com can tell you the song, artist, and album of the music heard on MTV — plus provide a deep catalog of corresponding content including music videos, performances, personal blogs, photos and more.
- Soundtrack.mtv.com enables fans to champion their favorite music and allows bands/artists to galvanize support — creating a clear path for the best to make it in front of MTV's music supervisors and onto TV.
- A music discovery "wheel" informs fans of aired music by day, show and time and provides them with more information to discover selected artists. The wheel allows users to search for music currently playing on-air, upcoming in the next 24 hours, and previously played in past show programming dating back to Soundtrack's launch (July 16, 2008).
- Emerging bands can raise their profile by creating customizable Soundtrack profile pages where they can stream music, videos, promote upcoming events and fire up their fans for support with tools such as a vote for me button called "Support By Sound."
- A Soundtrack ranking system features "Top Artists" and "Top Songs" in the community and provides high-ranking emerging artists with direct access to MTV music supervisors, who will be listening to the online community, observing bands rankings and hand picking new artists to play on MTV on-air programming.
- The Soundtrack community will have the power to escalate the Soundtrack rank of their favorite band's songs by listening or voting for them.
- Auto-generated playlists around buzz-worthy show moments will be featured on Soundtrack, such as love songs from classic Heidi and Spencer scenes and best party songs from "My Super Sweet 16" episodes.
- Soundtrack will soon be fully integrated with MTV.com including the ability to buy songs on Rhapsody.