Top 10 Twitter Tools For Musicians
- SONG.LY – Type in a song title or mp3 link to tweeT and your followers get a short link to a page allowing them to play the song right in the browser without having to download it.
- TWITTERFEED – Use this free service to have your RSS feeds and blog posts automatically posted to your Twitter account
- TWI.BZ – Every letter counts and this url shortener has special features designed specifically for Twitter. Also: TinyUrl.
- FACEBOOK UPDATES – Link your account directly to your Facebook profile and you can update your status via Twitter from your cell. (here)
- TWEET LATER– Spread out your tweets using this post scheduling service. Bonus tip: Schedule a special Tweet to be sent to your fans in the middle of a show like asking for requests via Twitter
- TWIT PIC – Share photos including from your cell phone via Twitter. Great for "behind the scenes" pics.
- DORA – Share a bit of yourself with fans. Automatically tweets what you're listening to on Pandora.
- THE MATTINATOR – Post to multiple Twitter accounts (like band or label and personal) at the same time. Watch a brief introductory video after the jump.
- PING.FM – Update your social networks and Twitter all with one post.
- TWITTER BUTTONS – Get great looking “follow me” buttons for Twitter, just add your id.
BONUS TIP: Follows Others – Social networking doesn't happen in a vacuum. If you
want to be followed you must also follow others. Suggestions: Hypebot,
Nettwerk's Terry McBride, The Byrd's Roger McGuinn, pundit Bob Lefsetz, Derek Sivers, Music Think Tank's Andrew Dubber, PR queen Ariel Hyatt and anyone else that you want to network with.
MORE TWITTER RESOURCES:
- Video: The Basics Of Twitter
- Video: In Defense Of Twitter For Musicians
- MusicMetric Launches MuZoid Twitter Music App
- Follow Hypebot Via Twitter, RSS, Email, Friendfeed & Tumblr
Who's Matt? from Carsonified on Vimeo