Friday is a holiday in the US, but I'll be covering the news as it breaks all week and adding the usual commentary. And on Thursday we'll continue a Hypebot holiday tradition that gives readers a chance to introduce themselves and network. So stay tuned and inward to a great week! Musexpo begins inthe UK...- Bruce Houghton
- Overloaded With Data? Trendrr Launches Pro
- Will The Browser & Mobile Apps Replace The iPod?
- The Michael Jackson Effect: An Unprecedented Spike In Sales
- Derek Sivers: "Make Your Own Success First"
- Video: A Quick Look At New Zune HD
- REWIND: New Music Industry's Week In Review
- Apple sued over iTunes gift cards (cNet)
- Google mistakes Michael Jackson’s death for an “automated attack”. (Media Memo)
- Napster 10 Years Of Turmoil: "1999 saw the debut of Napster...it started a storm of change in the music industry and here Geoff Taylor, chief executive of the BPI, reflects on what has happened in the last 10 years." (BBC)
- Tunecore has added Limewire to the list of online retailers it supplies. (Tunecore)
- Live Nation has extended its No Service Fee Wednesdays again by dropping the service fee on all 4-Packs and 6-Packs this Wednesday, July 1 0nly at LiveNation.com. (press release)
- Canadian Liberal Party wants to ‘combat’ piracy and ratify the WIPO. (ZeroPaid)
- Pirate parties parade through Prague, Paris (ars)
- VIZIO Unveils Rhapsody Digital Music Service for VIZIO Internet Apps