iHeartRadio Predicts 2015 Grammy Winners Using Listening Data
First came Grammy predictions from Spotify, and now the data team at iHeartRadio have culled listening habits across their network to predict who will win this year's top music prizes.
And the winners are…
- Song of the Year: Megan Trainor, All About That Bass – "Last year our listeners correctly predicted that Lorde’s “Royals” would win (based off the number of thumbs up listeners gave the song).This year: our data shows it could be “All About That Bass” but it’s a close race – there’s a chance Hozier’s “Take Me To Church” could steal this one."
- Album of the Year: Beyonce, Beyonce. "It was another close race between Beyonce, Sam Smith and Ed Sheeran. We’re going with Beyonce based off the number of custom stations created and the high number of thumbs up listeners gave."
- Best Rock Song: The Black Keys, Fever – "Listeners slightly preferred “Fever” over Jack White’s “Lazaretto” and with more stations created based off Fever, we’re going with The Black Keys on this one."
- Best Country Song: Eric Church, Give Me Back My Hometown – "Church raked in the highest ratio of thumbs ups in the category."
- Best Rap Song: Drake, 0 to 100 – "We’re predicting Drake can add at least one more Grammy to the shelf this year. He had the highest thumb ratio and custom stations created around this song than any other artist in the category."