Heritage acts dominate the summer's top concerts, according to StubHub. The ticket reseller draws its top 10 from sales and demand drawn from its more than 16 million visitors. Taylor Swift overwhelmingly took the #1 spot, nearly tripling the demand of One Direction at #2.
*As determined by total sales on StubHub for dates from Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Taylor Swift
- One Direction
- Grateful Dead (with only five total dates!)
- The Rolling Stones
- Kenny Chesney
- Ed Sheeran
- Billy Joel
- Foo Fighters
Other trends in concerts this summer show high demand for the Grateful Dead, more than any other music festival this summer, but a continuing growth in music festivals overall:
- Grateful Dead are able to command nearly 65% more sales per show than Taylor Swift.Both series of Grateful Dead concerts in Chicago (three dates) and - San Francisco (two dates) will outsell any summer festival this year, respectively.
- Taylor Swift’s #1 spot is long-standing: she is the #1 touring female songstress since she started touring in 2011.
- Even with the loss of Zayn Malik, One Direction sales maintain their strength – they maintain the #2 position they held last Summer.
- Along with One Direction, Billy Joel is the only other act to reprise his position on the top 10 from last summer.
- Billy Joel has commanded the highest price for a ticket.
- Ed Sheeran is the best deal for a ticket.
- Music festivals continue to grow: Lollapalooza is the hottest summer festival.