MONDAY BRIEFING: Apple Music Tests “Discover Clones • Kickstarter To Relaunch Drip.fm • SXSWhite House • More
SPECIAL LABOR DAY EDITION: Today is a holiday in the U.S., but that doesn't mean that there's not breaking music business and tech news both here and globally. We've got a few stories that deserve paying attention to, even on a day when many of us have our feet up relaxing while we complain about the end of summer….
- Apple Music's curated music discovery feature goes live for iOS 10 beta users (Apple Insider)
- Kickstarter to relaunch artist subscription service Drip.fm. (Music Ally)
- Musical.ly, the craze turning pop fans into stars (Guardian)
- With 'Blonde,' Frank Ocean's Real Revolution Was in His Business Moves (Billboard)
- White House Teams With SXSW For Special 1-Day Festival (NPR)
- Jerry Heller, Music Mogul Who Worked With N.W.A, Dies At 75 (NPR)