CHANGES: Atlantic Adds President • Bianco Re-ups w/Interscope • Live Nation Gets A Bot • Rocket Man Adds Rag 'n Bone Man • More
Grammy Award-winning executive Kevin Weaver has been promoted to the newly created post of President, Atlantic Records, West Coast. Weaver, who has been with Atlantic for over two decades, has spearheaded the label’s success in the soundtrack, sync, and visual media.
• Interscope, Geffen A&M has extended its deal with successful producer, songwriter, musician and label head, Benny Blanco, which will keep his imprints Mad Love Records and Friends Keep Secrets at the label group well into the next decade.
• A newly expanded partnership gives TuneCore members direct access to the Promaster by Aftermaster instant mastering service.
• Concert giant Live Nation launched a new bot for Facebook Messenger to help music fans and their friends find concerts, plan outings, and buy tickets.
• Sir Elton John’s artist management and music company Rocket Music has announced a joint venture with Black Fox Management. The partnership sees Rocket Music, who represents Elton John, Ed Sheeran, Anne-Marie and 2Cellos, add Rag’N’Bone Man to their roster.
• George Wein, founder of the iconic Newport Jazz and Newport Folk festivals, and Lorraine Gordon, co-founder and owner of the Village Vanguard will be honored at this year's 5th annual Fans Decision Jazz Awards.
• Atlanta's Fox Theatre has named Rival Entertainment's Lucy Lawler-Freas to serve as their Director of Programming, effective October 11th.
• MSG announced that Josephine Vaccarello has been promoted to senior vice president. Vaccarello's expanded portfolio will see her continue to oversee over family entertainment and performing arts at Madison Square Garden, the Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall, the Beacon Theatre, The Chicago Theatre and the Wang Theatre in Boston.
H/T to CelebrityAccess