SoundCloud Adds Free Distribution To Spotify, Apple Music To All Pro Accounts
SoundCloud has added free digital distribution to its SoundCloud Premier monetization toolset. With the new feature, creators monetizing music on SoundCloud can distribute to Amazon Music, Apple Music, Instagram, Spotify, Tencent, YouTube Music and other music services directly from their SoundCloud account.
Creators using the SoundCloud Premier distribution feature keep 100% of their rights and 100% of distribution royalties from third-party services at no additional cost.
“Only SoundCloud empowers creators with a unified platform to instantly upload and share, connect with fans in real-time and get paid for their work everywhere–both on SoundCloud and across other leading music services,” said Kerry Trainor, Chief Executive Officer, SoundCloud. “Creators can now spend less time and money jumping between different tools, and more time making music, connecting with fans and growing their careers first on SoundCloud.”
“I believe SoundCloud’s new distribution tool is the way of the future for independent artists and music in general,” said rising female rapper, Leaf. “It makes distribution an easy one-step process, giving you a very simple way to monetize your plays and the freedom to reach new heights with your fan base.”
- SoundCloud Pro or Pro Unlimited subscriber
- Has original music, and owns or controls all applicable rights
- 18 years old or age of majority in their country
- No copyright strikes at time of enrollment
- At least 1,000 plays in the past month from countries where SoundCloud listener subscriptions and advertising are available (US, UK, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Ireland, The Netherlands, New Zealand)