Since playlists are the new radio, Soundcloud is making sure they have a place on the dial. Beginning today, alongside the personalized “SoundCloud Weekly” and playlists like “Fresh Pressed,” the steamer is adding more handcrafted playlists, including some curated by leading music journalists and artists.
Soundcloud has also added community profile pages that bring together music communities on the platform.
- The Feed” curates an artists’ likes, follows and reposts on SoundCloud. First up is hip-hop artist Juice Wrld’s SoundCloud stream.
- “Noise and 808s” ft. the new, new beats from the loudest names in rap.
- “The Morning Mourning Playlist” is for everyone who agrees: mornings suck.
- “DTFunk” is your soundtrack for a freaky first date (whatever that means to you).
- “Speed Bumps” brings you rapid electro from around the world.
- Drippin,” updated daily, is our handcrafted hip-hop playlist bringing you what’s new and hot in rap.
So who’s behind your next favorite playlist? An team of music industry veterans including former Editor-in-Chief at Pitchfork, Mark Richardson, electronic music journalist and critic, Philip Sherburne, music journalists Sowmya Krishnamurthy and David Turner — and more. "They’ll be your guides on the journey to discovery, using curation to tell the story of what’s happening in music communities on SoundCloud and consistently surfacing the newest and hottest tracks."
Community profile page work just like other profile pages on SoundCloud, and "bring together music communities that are authentically SoundCloud."
If you're a SoundCloud Premier creator, keep an eye out for an email with details on a new playlist submission form launching today in beta. The form is currently only available to SoundCloud Premier creators, and will roll out to more creators in the future.