Spotify has launched an integration with Snapchat that allows users to share music and podcasts directly through Snapchat Stories. The feature is rolling out soon across iOS and Android devices starting today.
Sharing to Snapchat is the latest in a series of social media integrations including with Instagram and Facebook Stories, that Spotify has added that enable users can discover, share and explore audio with friends.
Each integration provides new opportunities to market music, but falls short of the ability to communicate with fans directly on the streaming platform.
Wow the Spotify to Snapchat Stories sharing works
- Tap the “share” menu (three dots on the right of the screen) while you’re listening to any song, album, artist, or podcast.
- Select “Snapchat” from the dropdown list.
- Snapchat will open a new Snap with the full album art included.
- Edit and send—whether to a few people or to your Story!
If a friend sends you a Snap with a song, playlist, artist profile, or podcast rec included:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the context card with song, artist, playlist, or podcast info.
- Spotify will open and play away! (If you don’t have the Spotify app yet, download it for free here.)