SXSW 2020 Announces Roger Waters, Other Keynotes
South by Southwest Conference and Festivals announced the latest round of keynotes and featured speakers for the 34th annual edition of the event, including Pink Floyd co-founder Roger Waters.
“Roger Waters is a true creative visionary, and we’re pleased to have him participate for 2020,” said Hugh Forrest, Chief Programming Officer. “SXSW continues to be a unique destination for innovation and discovery, and we’re excited about the addition of the many groundbreaking pioneers, influential voices and business leaders that we’ve added to this year’s lineup.”
SXSW also announced that documentary filmmaker Erin Lee Carr, whose projects At the Heart of Gold, on the USA gymnastics scandal, and SXSW Film Festival premiere I Love You: Now Die, on the Michelle Carter murder-by-texting trial, will also keynote the event in 2020.
Along with the new keynotes, SXSW also announced a spate of new featured speakers, including:
• Composer (Us, Get Out) Michael Abels in conversation with Politifact creator and professor Bill Adair (Making Film & Episodics)
• Beat Games s.r.o co-founder and Head of Music Jaroslav Beck (Future of Music)
• Amazon Web Services Vice President of Public Sector Partners and Programs Sandy Carter (Tech Industry & Enterprise)
• Future of Sex founder and podcast host Bryony Cole (Connection & Culture)
• Founder, Co-Chief Investment Officer and Co-Chairman of Bridgewater Associates Ray Dalio (Tech Industry & Enterprise)
• Fashion designer and founder Tommy Hilfiger in conversation with Tommy Hilfiger Global CEO Daniel Grieder (Connection & Culture)
• Multi-Grammy Award-winning musician, producer, entrepreneur and philanthropist Ben Lovett (Future of Music)
• Bassist, composer, and YouTuber Adam Neely (Future of Music)
• Canva CEO and co-founder Melanie Perkins (Design)
• Google Stadia Games and Entertainment VP Jade Raymond in conversation with journalist Chris Morris (Game Industry)
• Mojang Studios Chief Brand Officer Lydia Winters (Game Industry)
The 2020 edition of SXSW takes place in and around Austin from March 13 to March 22nd, 2020.