Bandsintown Names Six To Big Break Emerging Artists Accelerator Program
Concert discovery and marketing platform Bandsintown has named a new round of six emerging artists to its data-driven Big Break accelerator program.
Since 2017, Bandsintown has looked for new artists whose live music following is growing exponentially on the platform. Those chosen for Big Break receive a year of free marketing alongside mentoring, training, and industry-specific tools to help take grow their careers.
The newest Big Break class
- Aidan Gallagher – a youthful, hooky singer-songwriter who is also and star of Netflix hit “Umbrella Academy”
- Kelly Finnigan – tender, gritty soul
- 99 Neighbors – melodic hip hop & production collective
- Baby Rose – earthy, soulful R&B
- Liily – fierce, disruptive rock
- Renforshort (raw electro-inflected pop)
Past Big Break artists include Peach Pit, Bones UK, Cautious Clay, and YUNGBLUD.
“Bandsintown connects 530,000 artists and 55m fans, all registered to the platform. We can spot who’s making serious headway in attracting audiences at a very early stage of their career, sometimes even before music streaming services, as artists now tour first,” explains Bandsintown Managing Partner Fabrice Sergent. “We call it ‘data-driven,’ but that really means fans are choosing these excellent artists by engaging with them.”
“Being one of the Big Break artists with Bandsintown has been really impactful to my career at an early stage,” says Jay Wile, a 2019 Big Break Artist who has continued to gain momentum thanks to the program. “To be able to build a relationship with their team and have support from them around my releases have helped me reach new audiences across the world. With their help, I’ve been able to perform in major markets, gain new fans at my shows, and make impressions that will last a lifetime.”
All new Bandsintown Big Break Artists receive:
- Free Promotion across Bandsintown and its affiliates
- Showcase opportunities at industry events
- 150,000 messages to new live music fans
- Free one-year subscription to CelebrityAccess, the top professional source for touring industry contact information and news
- Free access to Cyber PR LABS, a series of recorded video Master Classes where you can learn from industry experts
- A one-on-one mentoring session with an experienced music marketer, booking agent or manager
- One-on-one training from Bandsintown on how to grow a bigger fanbase
Full Big Break program info here.
Big Break SXSW Showcase
Five of the new Big Break artists will perform at an official SXSW showcase, along with Jay Wile, a 2019 program alum.
Wednesday, March 18th • Maggie Mae’s Rooftop 7 PM doors
The showcase features sets from Aidan Gallagher, Jay Wile (Big Break class of 2019), Renforshort, Monophonics (led by frontman Kelly Finnigan), 99 Neighbors and Baby Rose.
SXSW Panel featuring Bandsintown’s Managing Partner, Fabrice Sergent, Hypebot’s Bruce Houghton and more
Smart Touring: Guide Booking & Marketing with Data
March 21, 2020, 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm at the Austin Convention Center, Room 18CD. For more info, please visit the SXSW Schedule here.
Disclosure: Hypebot was acquired by Bandsintown in 2019, but remains independently edited and published by founder Bruce Houghton