Your Morning Coffee Podcast #9: Radio Payola, Paid Subs Slide, Music Innovation & More
Episode 9 of Your Morning Coffee: Weekly Music News for the New Music Business with Jay Gilbert and Mike Etchart is live.
Episode #9 Highlights
In this week’s episode, Jay and Mike cover:
- “Pay For Play Was Banned From Radio – But Texts Reveal It May Still Be A Thing” (Rolling Stone)
- “Spotify Dominates Paid Subscriptions As Streaming Revenues Fall For First Time” (Hypebot)
- BMG Eliminates ‘Poisonous’ Controlled Composition Clauses From It’s US Record Contracts” (Music Business Worldwide)
- “Tools: IsItAGoodPlaylist.com – Analyze Spotify Playlists To Know If They’ll Increase Your Stream Count” (MusicAlly)
- “Independent Artist Creativity and Innovation In The Age of Covid-19” (MIDiA).
- “Scooter Braun and Jessie Reyez On How Covid-19 Is ‘Forcing The Entire Industry To Innovate” (Fast Co.)
- “Spotify News Announcements” (Symphonic, Hypebot, Variety, Verge, MBW).
- The Your Morning Coffee Newsletter! https://bit.ly/3mUqXEO