TuneCore teams up with Groover to help artists get music heard
As the barriers to entry for creating and sharing music continue to dissolve, a crowded playing field has made getting your music heard harder than ever. As part of a new partnership with Groover, TuneCore is looking to flip the switch on this and help connect artists with media outlets, labels, and influencers.
Guest post by Julia Gomberg of TuneCore
Did you know over 40,000 new songs are added onto Spotify every single day? Music production has become more accessible than ever before, putting artists of all backgrounds onto the same level playing field. But with more accessibility comes more challenges that artists have to face in order to stand out from the crowd.
In the past, the only way for artists to get their music in front of the right people would be by sending their pitches to countless media contacts and music labels. And the chances of getting your music listened to, let alone hearing back, are slim. But in today’s digital climate, as things continue to progress, the frustrations of pitching your music are a thing of the past. That’s why we’re excited to announce our partnership with Groover.
Groover is a user-friendly service that helps to connect musicians to over 900 media outlets, music labels, and influencers, hand-selected by the Groover team. Not only does Groover’s services guarantee your music will be listened to, but you’ll receive constructive critiques and coverage from listeners to help you evolve exponentially as an artist.
As a TuneCore artist, when you sign up for Groover, you’ll receive the best of both worlds: a straight-forward distribution process via TuneCore that will get your music onto your favorite streaming services and digital stores like Spotify, Apple Music, and TikTok, while also gaining exposure and receiving valuable feedback from hundreds of music industry experts via Groover.
Here’s how it works:
- When you sign up for Groover, you’ll be able to send your release to a variety of media contacts, radio stations, and labels of their choice. You can even use search filters to help you find the best contacts for your music.
- As long as you have a YouTube or Soundcloud link to your song, you can use Groover! When sending out your pitch, make sure to include your release date—that way, the influencer will be made aware that your song can’t be shared yet.
- Once you select your contacts, you’ll be asked to write a simple pitch for your release. You can even include a personal message for each contact to help you stand out.
- Next, you’ll have to purchase Grooviz, virtual tokens that enable you to send out your pitches via Groover. Each contact you reach out to costs two Grooviz (1 Grooviz = $1).
- After you complete your pitch, you can expect to receive feedback within 7 days. If those who you reached out to don’t respond within that time frame, you’ll be given back your Grooviz to use for another pitch to someone else or even the same contact if you’re feeling persistent!
Pro tip: be sure to fill in your Groover profile as much as you can so that your music professional contacts can learn more about you and your music.
For plenty of artists, getting your song added to your favorite Spotify playlist or receiving a stellar review is what we all dream of. And at the end of the day, no matter how much planning and strategizing you put behind your music, it’s up to the listener to decide how far your success goes. With Groover, you can be sure that you’re getting your music in front of the right people who will support and empower your artistry. Sign up and get started with Groover today!