Bandsintown survey shows live streams will stay popular post-pandemic with both fans and artists [INFOGRAPHIC]
A little over a year ago as the pandemic spread global live music discovery platform Bandsintown chronicled more than a million live show cancellations
Almost as swiftly as shows were canceled, artists and fans embraced live music streaming. Since March 2020, over 22,000 artists have performed more than 79,500 concert live streams and marketed them at no cost on Bandsintown.
A new survey of 7688 fans and artists commissioned by Bandsintown finds that music live streams are now mainstream and definitely here to stay.
- 86% of fans watch at least one music live stream during the past 12 months
- 31% have watched 7 or more shows
- 62% say they have paid to watch a live stream
- 55% will continue to watch live streams even after in-person concerts return (see infographic below)
- 70% of musicians have live streamed during the last 12 months
- 41% now live stream once a month or more
- 85% will continue to make it a permanent part of their performing plans after in-person shows return