Spotify, Republic, Sony Music top this year’s Clio Music Award winners
The Clio Music Awards which honors the intersection of music and marketing has announced its 2020/2021 winners.
This 6th annual Clio Music Awards recognize excellence in the marketing and promotion of an artist, label, music brand, product or service, as well as the use of music in advertising.
A total of 240 awards were given out including the inaugural Label, Publisher, and Agency Of The Year Awards.
2020/2021 Grand Clio Music Awards Winners
- Design: “The Decade Wrapped” by Spotify In-House for Spotify
- Experience/Activation: “Astronomical” by Epic Games for Epic Games/Fortnite
- Film/Video: “You’re Born” by Blacklist Mgmt for Aigel Band
- Integrated Campaign: “The Weeknd After Hours Album Campaign” for Republic Records by XO/Republic Records
- Social Good: “Spinifex Gum – Dream Baby Dream” by SDWM for Spinifex Gum
- Social Media: “Lottery (Renegade) – K CAMP” by RARE Sound for K Camp
- Use of Music in Audio: “2% Choir” by TBWA\Chiat\Day LA for The Recording Academy
- Use of Music in Film/Video: “Life Needs Truth” by Droga5 for The New York Times
- Use of Music in Innovation: “The Refugee Tree” by DaHouse Audio for Climate Reality Brasil
- Use of Music in Trailers/Teasers: “The Refugee Tree” by DaHouse Audio for Climate Reality Brasil
First-ever Label, Music Publisher, Agency of the Year winners
Winners were those scoring the most statue points for entries submitted across all medium types.
- Label of the Year: Republic Records
- Music Publisher of the Year: Sony Music Publishing
- Agency of the Year: Spotify In-House
Brandi Carlile and the National Independent Venue Association (NIVA) were honored as recipients of 2021 Clio Music Impact Awards. Carlile was presented her award by Citi Chief Marketing Office Carla Hassan.
Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer made a guest appearance to present the NIVA organization with its award.
A full list of winners is at https://clios.com/music/winners.