Music Tectonics conference announces in-person dates
The Music Tectonics Conference is returning for its fourth edition in person across three unique Santa Monica locations October 25 thru 27, 2022.
The 2022 Music Tectonics Conference is designed to mix music innovators from startups, major labels, indie labels, streaming services, distributors, social media, investors, accelerators, legal, live events, gear makers, music software developers and more.
“My favorite conferences have their own flavor,” says conference director Dmitri Vietze. “I hope Music Tectonics regulars will create their own rituals with us, making our eclectic Santa Monica venues part of their annual schedule.”
This year’s three venues are within easy walking distance, and their unique vibes are designed to give each conference day a different focus.
- Music Tectonics 2022 kicks off with a “Startup Carousel” at the Santa Monica Pier Merry-Go-Round on October 25, followed by an opening-night party.
- Loews Santa Monica Beach hotel, an 80s Art Deco Revival landmark, is the beachside venue for October 26’s keynotes, panels, and exhibitor hall.
- The conference closes with “Music Tech Dojo” on October 27, an intensive day of meetings and networking at Expert Dojo’s open-air rooftop overlooking the 3rd Street Promenade.
Early adopter sponsors include LANDR, LyricFind, and Revelator, all returning sponsors.
Music Tech Startup Pitch Competition
“Swimming with Narwhals” will return for a third year, with final pitches taking place on October 26.
Why Narwhals? Because instead of thrusting competitors into a shark tank, the Music Tectonics competition invites startups to swim together like the gentle unicorns of the sea.
“When I founded my own music tech startup, going to conferences was the single most helpful thing I did,” explains Vietze, “So I want Music Tectonics to nurture young startups and welcome them into the community.”
Application, jury, and prize details will be announced at a later date.
- Tuesday, October 25, 2022 – The Carousel at Santa Monica Pier – Startup Carousel and Opening Party
- Wednesday, October 26, 2022 – Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel – Keynotes, Panels, and Startup Competition
- Thursday, October 27, 2022 – Expert Dojo in Santa Monica Place – Music Tech Dojo networking and meetings
- Early bird tickets go on sale April 5, 2022 at MusicTectonics.com.
Bruce Houghton is Founder and Editor of Hypebot and MusicThinkTank and serves as a Senior Advisor to Bandsintown which acquired both publications in 2019. He is the Founder and President of the Skyline Artists Agency and a professor for the Berklee College Of Music.