5 Best Local US Music Venues Named
Consequences of Sound readers have chosen the best local US music venues in five regions in a contest that the online music hub dubbed Hometowns of Consequences. All the winners are independently owned and not affiliated with Live Nation or AEG.
“As much as Hometowns is about recognizing these cherished institutions, it’s about elevating the relationship between fans and venues,” wrote CoS staff. “One couldn’t do what they do without the other.”
In-depth stories on each of the Hometowns of Consequences winners will follow in the coming weeks.
There is also an official Hometowns of Consequences T-shirt in the Consequence Shop, with a portion of proceeds benefiting the National Independent Venue Association (NIVA) to support their advocacy on behalf of the independent live music scene.
Hometowns of Consequences US Regional Music Venues Winners
• Northeast: Rockwood Music Hall in New York, New York
• Southeast: George’s Majestic Lounge in Fayetteville, Arkansas
• Midwest: First Avenue & 7th Street Entry in Minneapolis, Minnesota
• Southwest: Cain’s Ballroom in Tulsa, Oklahoma
• West: Troubadour in Los Angeles, California.