Rhapsody has teamed up with Green Day to promote the release of their new album “21st Century Breakdown” to be released on May 15th. The collaboration leverages Rhapsody’s network of partnerships with MTV, VH1, Yahoo!, Verizon Wireless and TiVo.
This promotion represents the largest and most collaborative promotion Rhapsody has created to date with any artist and the most collaborative with any artists including:
- A week before release on May 8, users can stream the new Green Day album in its entirety
- On May 15, 2 exclusive tracks will be available to Rhapsody subscribers along with the entire album.
- The tracks will also be available for purchase via Rhapsody and Verizon's V Cast
- 4 more exclusive tracks will be released via Rhapsody in the weeks following
- Rhapsody is also debuting a new creative direction with Green Day for its TV advertisements that premieres on May 8 across MTVN
- Beginning tomorrow, May 1, fans can visit blog.rhapsody.com/greenday to check out behind-the-scenes photos from the Green Day commercial shoot, artist interviews and to participate in a Rhapsody-Twitter contest to win music players from Philips, Sonos, Tivo and more.