Music Startup News is a regular roundup of Hypebot coverage of music tech startups including a new category for Music Startups featuring site and service reviews. The last few weeks have included the midemlab music tech announcement and Music Hack Day in London introducing new and potential startups. Spotify's making big moves and new ventures and services are appearing on a weekly basis. Even Megaupload is threatening to add to the competition. DETAILS:
- 30 companies listed for midemlab presentations include a number covered at Hypebot in posts featuring TuneRights, Musicsoft Arts, Webdoc, Tunipop, Rockstar Motel, Flowd, Sonic Angel and SoshiGames.
- Music Hack Day London featured a number of seeds for future startups. Spotify apps were in abundance, perhaps the first signs of a Spotify-driven music app boom. The Echo Nest had a presence at both Music Hack Day and in the flood of Spotify news.
- Outstanding recent music startups include StoryAmp's music marketing platform, Shirtify's t-shirt of the month club and 45Sound's YouTube audio upgrades.
- Indie music licensing saw new initiatives from Audiosocket and fresh moves by CD Baby & Rumblefish.
- Diaspora started making noise
- Smule bought Khush to create an app powerhouse
- Megaupload announces new services.
Hypebot contributor Clyde Smith maintains his freelance writing hub at Flux Research and blogs at All World Dance and This Business of Blogging. To suggest topics for Hypebot, contact: clyde(at)fluxresearch(dot)com.