Apple Updates iTunes, iOS With Major Apple Music, Beats 1 Bug Fixes
When Apple launched Apple Music and Beats 1, the software that delivered it got a major upgrade. Not all of it worked as promised, leading to a fair amount of user frustration and online criticism. Overnight, Apple fixed many of these problems with significant updates to both iTunes and its iOS operating system.
The iTunes 12.2.2 update includes the following:
• You can now view a list of the artists you’re following on Apple Music
• Resolved an issue where iTunes loses its place when you go back to a previous page in Apple Music
• Addressed a problem where artists may be sorted incorrectly in My Music
• Fixed a problem where playlists displayed in the action menu may not match the playlists in your library
This update also includes improvements to overall stability and performance.
iOS 8.4.1 resolves these issues with Apple Music:
- Resolves issues that could prevent turning on iCloud Music Library
- Resolves an issue that hides added music because Apple Music was set to show offline music only
- Provides a way to add songs to a new playlist if there aren’t any playlists to choose from
- Resolves an issue that may show different artwork for an album on other devices
- Resolves several issues for artists while posting to Connect
- Fixes an issue where tapping Love doesn’t work as expected while listening to Beats 1
The next major updates should come in September with the release of iOS 9.